Saturday 26 September 2015

Who Is The Ignorant IT Guy

An IT guy who's been in the industry for over 10 years. I left school after year 10 and started working packing computers into boxes for Acer before being moved to the production line building and imaging the computers. Earning a little over $200 AUD and being 17 years old at the time, obviously i felt like a millionaire being able to purchase random crap for myself, my girlfriend and my friends.

As my contract with Acer finished, i found work at a local sports centre. I was able to use the facilities for free, and learn about linux by implementing an LDAP domain, internal DNS/DHCP, VPN and a generic fileserver.

I managed to someone secure an interview with a medical company and began work as a helpdesk engineer. In under two years, i had received four promotions making it to a linux systems administrator by hard work and hands on self education.

I've had no formal training prior to entering the industry and still continue in this fashion. I've pretty much learnt everything i know from just getting stuck in and finding out what works and what doesn't.

Generally when something doesn't work, i need to get it fixed as fast as possible. Preferably before anyone notices.

That's who i am. That's why i do what i do. I don't claim to be an expert on anything so don't assume i am. I don't claim to be anything really.

I set this blog up to share my experiences and hopefully expand my knowledge by sharing my thoughts with you and hopefully being corrected at the same time.

IITG

No comments:

Post a Comment